Re: Future Tech Writer with Software Questions

Subject: Re: Future Tech Writer with Software Questions
From: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: Rick Lippincott <rjl6955 -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 16:17:08 -0700

Yes, it's a very common misuse of the word to describe people who are employees of a contractor rather than actual contractors.

Gene im-Eng

On 6/30/2015 4:04 PM, Rick Lippincott wrote:

I see your point, but I lost count of the number of times I had
conversations with other tech writers where my side went "My job
title? I'm a contractor. No, I get paid a salary. Yes, I get sick
time. Yes, I get vacation time. Yes, I get paid for holidays. Yes, I'm
on the retirement plan. No, there's no expiration date to the
contract."

So, perhaps we all here in our wisdom are in complete understanding of the term.

But I keep running into people who are not.

Learn more about Adobe Technical Communication Suite (2015 Release) | http://bit.ly/1FR7zNW