Re: Help! MS Word 2010 graphics problems.

Subject: Re: Help! MS Word 2010 graphics problems.
From: Chris Morton <salt -dot- morton -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 16:32:18 -0400

There are a couple of M$ MVPs over at WORD-PC forum that might be able to
shed more light on these and other quirky Word issues.

Email word-pc-subscribe-request -at- liverpool -dot- ac -dot- uk to join (no subject or
command text required)

http://listserv.liv.ac.uk/archives/word-pc.html

> Chris

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 3:39 PM, Lynne Wright <Lynne -dot- Wright -at- tritech -dot- com>
wrote:

> 1) Too bad Microsoft (and every other article on the internet) doesn't
> TELL PEOPLE THIS.
>
> 2) Ah! Mysterious! Any hints?
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: techwr-l-bounces+lynne -dot- wright=tritech -dot- com -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
> [mailto:techwr-l-bounces+lynne -dot- wright=tritech -dot- com -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com] On
> Behalf Of Sean Brierley
> Sent: July-30-15 3:36 PM
> To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
> Subject: Re: Help! MS Word 2010 graphics problems.
>
> Hi,
>
> 1) Linking by reference in Word is not 100% reliable. For example, EPS
> files don't update and links get lost. Embedding is really the only choice
> in Word.
>
> 2) Resolution is not your problem with PNGs. You might think it's
> resolution, but it's not. This is a longer email trail, though, and off
> topic.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Sean
>
>
>
> On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 2:49 PM, Lynne Wright <Lynne -dot- Wright -at- tritech -dot- com>
> wrote:
>
> > I've had resolution problems with pngs... not just in Word, but esp.
> > in Help files ... so I avoid using them.
> >
> > But I'll try jpgs.
> >
> >
> >
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Learn more about Adobe Technical Communication Suite (2015 Release) |
> http://bit.ly/1FR7zNW
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as lynne -dot- wright -at- tritech -dot- com -dot-
>
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
> techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>
>
> Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
> http://www.techwhirl.com/email-discussion-groups/ for more resources and
> info.
>
> Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online
> magazine at http://techwhirl.com
>
> Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public
> email archives @ http://techwr-l.com/archives
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Learn more about Adobe Technical Communication Suite (2015 Release) |
> http://bit.ly/1FR7zNW
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as salt -dot- morton -at- gmail -dot- com -dot-
>
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
> techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>
>
> Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
> http://www.techwhirl.com/email-discussion-groups/ for more resources and
> info.
>
> Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online
> magazine at http://techwhirl.com
>
> Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public
> email archives @ http://techwr-l.com/archives
>
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Learn more about Adobe Technical Communication Suite (2015 Release) | http://bit.ly/1FR7zNW

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com


Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
http://www.techwhirl.com/email-discussion-groups/ for more resources and info.

Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online magazine at http://techwhirl.com

Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public email archives @ http://techwr-l.com/archives


References:
RE: Help! MS Word 2010 graphics problems.: From: Dan Goldstein
RE: Help! MS Word 2010 graphics problems.: From: Lynne Wright
Re: Help! MS Word 2010 graphics problems.: From: Chris Morton
Re: Help! MS Word 2010 graphics problems.: From: Chris Morton
RE: Help! MS Word 2010 graphics problems.: From: Lynne Wright
Re: Help! MS Word 2010 graphics problems.: From: Sean Brierley
RE: Help! MS Word 2010 graphics problems.: From: Lynne Wright

Previous by Author: Re: Help! MS Word 2010 graphics problems.
Next by Author: Re: Wiki for Product Documentation
Previous by Thread: RE: Help! MS Word 2010 graphics problems.
Next by Thread: Re: Help! MS Word 2010 graphics problems.


What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads


Sponsored Ads