Re: FM (2015) text insets - no track text edits when imported...

Subject: Re: FM (2015) text insets - no track text edits when imported...
From: Laura Phillips <laurap -at- pluribusnetworks -dot- com>
To: Monique Semp <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net>, TechWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 11:05:47 -0800

If it¹s any consolation, I¹ve just gone several rounds with Adobe over
features that don¹t work and the recommended solution is to write a
script, not a quick solution. I¹m dealing with conditional tags and the
unstructured FM15 interface allows you to select the book level, and then
the tags that you want to delete from the book, only it crashes the book
file every time. I was told that "this had never worked even in previous
versions of FM" and I needed to write a script to bulk delete conditional
tags. Yet, you can clearly select the book level, and the tags, then the
trashcan.

I can see why people are moving away from FM - everything is a
workaround,script or MIF washing to get it to work properly.

So I feel your pain,

Laura

On 11/24/15, 10:56 AM, "Monique Semp"