RE: Need Feedback from Technical Editors

Subject: RE: Need Feedback from Technical Editors
From: "Julian Cantella" <jcantel -at- us -dot- ibm -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2016 07:35:38 -0500

Do technical editors still use hard copy for edits? (Is this a personal
preference or a department/company policy? For example, personally, I like
to see a hardcopy to edit, and then I make my edits electronically.)

I haven't used hard copy in more than ten years, for my primary position
or freelance work.

When editing electronically, do you use track changes (such as MS Word)?
Do you edit in Adobe products (such as Acrobat Pro)? Do you use iPad
applications (such as IAnnotate, Cabinet, or QuickEdit)?

I've used MS Word, Acrobat Pro, some other PDF software, presentation
software such as PowerPoint, and various DITA editors. Where possible, I
track changes.

How do tablets figure in to your editing?

They don't.

Julian Cantella

Visit TechWhirl for the latest on content technology, content strategy and content development |