Re: Voice Prompts

Subject: Re: Voice Prompts
From: "William Sherman" <bsherman77 -at- embarqmail -dot- com>
To: "Bruce Megan \(ST-CO/MKW-NA\)" <Megan -dot- Bruce -at- us -dot- bosch -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2016 20:39:21 -0400

In the past, I have done a few documents with voice prompts. None were my original work and were either modifying what someone else produced or picking up the remains that someone partially finished due to various reasons.

One was mostly a flowchart so they were stylized to show this was the voice prompt. Nothing "non-voice" was in the same box as the voice prompt to avoid confusion.

One of the first simply placed the prompts in quotes. After all, it was quoting what the machine said. However, that gets old and is harder to read, unless you change fonts also if the document is long.

Another italicized all voice messages.

Consistency is the key. You will run into very few English majors reading your work but lots of internet grammar Nazis who will note the inconsistency.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bruce Megan (ST-CO/MKW-NA)" <Megan -dot- Bruce -at- us -dot- bosch -dot- com>