Re: photos to line art conversions

Subject: Re: photos to line art conversions
From: Ken Poshedly <poshedly -at- bellsouth -dot- net>
To: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>, TECHWR-L Writing <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 18:21:32 +0000 (UTC)

At this time, and because we'd be going from a jpg (raster) to line-art, I'd go with whatever I can get.

On Wednesday, June 22, 2016 2:13 PM, Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com> wrote:

Older versions of the Corel suite used to have a separate program called
CorelTrace. Current versions put bitmap tracing in CorelDraw.

PhotoPaint is a raster-only program and does not output vectors.

Gene Kim-Eng

On 6/22/2016 8:38 AM, Ken Poshedly wrote:
> We have need to convert various photos (jpg format) to line art for our operator manuals (heavy construction equipment). This will be ongoing and is not a set number of images.
> I have Corel PhotoPaint Version 8.0 on my (Windows XP) platform, but haven't found anything in it that can accomplish this.

Visit TechWhirl for the latest on content technology, content strategy and content development |

photos to line art conversions: From: Ken Poshedly
Re: photos to line art conversions: From: Gene Kim-Eng