Firmware or Firmwares?

Subject: Firmware or Firmwares?
From: Jim <jameswitkin -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 16:31:25 -0700

Time to settle another debate I'm having with one of the engineers. I've
always used "firmware" to refer to one firmware file or a group of files,
the same way you would use "software." I never say "softwares." Has anyone
ever used the term "firmwares" to refer to multiple firmware files or a
group of files?
Visit TechWhirl for the latest on content technology, content strategy and content development |