Re: convert VSD (Visio) file to EPS ?

Subject: Re: convert VSD (Visio) file to EPS ?
From: "Monique Semp" <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TechWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 11:41:06 -0700

Message got munged; see below for the rest of the middle paragraph.

-----Original Message----- From: Monique Semp
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2016 11:31 AM
To: TechWR-L
Subject: convert VSD (Visio) file to EPS ?

Hello, WR-L-ers,

Googling shows that there are many paths to converting a Visio VSD file (yes, VSD, not VSDX, because Iâm still using my old Visio 2007) to EPS, which I want to do to get images into a PDF thatâs produced by Doxygen-generated LaTeX output that I input to TeXworks.

Iâm assuming that with so many methods to do this, the results will range from excellent to poor, in terms of good quality/hi-res images. (Using Illustrator to convert from the Visio-output PNG file to an EPS file results in rather blurry images. There are many options in Illustrator, so perhaps itâs fixable. But Iâd assume that itâs better [edit here] to start with the source VSD file than the converted PNG file anyway.)

So, is anyone already doing this VSD->EPS conversion with good results? If so, please share your method.

Hoping to save some experimentation time,

Visit TechWhirl for the latest on content technology, content strategy and content development |

convert VSD (Visio) file to EPS ?: From: Monique Semp