Re: add presentation to LinkedIn profile - Summary vs. applicablejob section?

Subject: Re: add presentation to LinkedIn profile - Summary vs. applicablejob section?
From: "Monique Semp" <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "Monique Semp" <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net>, <mbaker -at- analecta -dot- com>, "'TechWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2016 10:57:30 -0700

Personally, I would post it to Slideshare (which is owned by LinkedIn anyway) and link to your Slideshare account from your LinkedIn account...

Oh, and looking at the interface again, I'm remembering why I didn't originally want to go the route of, from SlideShare, selecting Add to LinkedIn Profile: SlidShare puts up a big popup wanting access to pretty much everything in my LinkedIn profile. I understand that of course it needs some access in order to be able to post the presentation on my behalf. But giving it access to my email address, connections, invitations and messages, and the like seems ridiculous. I know that LinkedIn now owns SlideShare, and Microsoft owns them all. But still, it seems that a bigger picture is certainly obtainable if I grant such permission than if I keep some semblance of separation between different accounts.

So I'm likely to just upload the presentation to both SlideShare and LinkedIn.

-Monique