Re: Request to take survey

Subject: Re: Request to take survey
From: "Stuart Burnfield" <slb -at- westnet -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "Techwr-l" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2016 12:12:40 +0800

Not to disagree with your broader point, Mark, but I can think of a
counterexample: the Letters section in scientific journals has long
been a place for 'the community' to explore, rebut or amplify earlier

These are conversations about technical information, albeit a very
slow-moving, Precambrian version of the conversations we see on sites
like Stack Overflow.

--- Stuart

On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 8:20 AM, wrote:

>_ I think there is a broad__ misconception_ about what
> "social media" means. Social media is not defined by its subject
> It is a description of media, not content. Social media are those
> that are conversational in nature. Books and traditional websites
are not
> social. They are one way communications. I publish, you read. But
> like Facebook, Google Plus, Stack Overflow, and Twitter are social
> I publish and you publish back and we create_ a published
>_ This is a genuinely new media form of the Internet age. We had_
>_ conversations before, and we had publications, but the nearest we
can to_
>_ published conversations was the occasional publication of
collections of_
>_ letters. _

Visit TechWhirl for the latest on content technology, content strategy and content development |