Re: Interesting Article on Pay and Hiring

Subject: Re: Interesting Article on Pay and Hiring
From: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2016 13:22:12 -0700

There's a lot of truth to this, especially in markets that are heating up after several years of employers being able to use "be happy you have a job" to get away with low pay and poor working conditions. But pay is not the only consideration. Over the years, I have passed on offers that were higher than what I was making at the time, or taken pay cuts to work for companies where I considered the working environment to be more conducive to my being able to go home at night feeling good about my job, and as the market continues to improve, I think we'll be seeing people with the experience and skills that employers need becoming more picky about which job postings they'll hit the "Apply" or "Reply" button for.

Gene Kim-Eng