licensing - Acrobat DC from Tech Comm Suite 2015 ?

Subject: licensing - Acrobat DC from Tech Comm Suite 2015 ?
From: "Monique Semp" <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TechWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 12:59:46 -0800

Hello, WR-L-ers,

Quick question:

Does the âlicenseâ for the Acrobat DC component/part of Tech Comm Suite 2015 cover/allow for installing Acrobat DC (but not the rest of the Tech Comm Suite) on a 2nd machine? What if that 2nd machine is a Mac (not a PC)?

Last year I purchased Tech Comm Suite 2015 for my Windows 7 PC. Tech Comm Suite 2015 includes Acrobat Pro DC. Also, Creative Cloud seems to be part of the whole thing (albeit perhaps not the same thing as âpurchasing a Creative Cloud subscriptionâ because when I log in to my Adobe account, my Plans & Products section says âCreative Cloud Free membershipâ), although I never use it. (Iâve got a stable FrameMaker/Acrobat system, and donât want updates messing things up.)

Iâve looked at lots of Adobe website pages to try to figure out if I can use the Tech Comm Suite/Acrobat license for an Acrobat DC installation on my MacBook, and canât come to any conclusion.

I went ahead and installed Creative Cloud on the MacBook, and signed in to my Adobe account. But when I change to the Apps âtabâ, the button for Acrobat DC shows âTryâ, not âInstallâ. And when I open Acrobat, it says the trial version is good for only 7 days.

Anyone have any insight as to whether one can install the Acrobat DC part of the Tech Comm Suite on a 2nd machine (a Mac)?

Thanks much,
Visit TechWhirl for the latest on content technology, content strategy and content development |