InDesign page numbering problem

Subject: InDesign page numbering problem
From: Chris Morton <salt -dot- morton -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 08:49:07 -0500

I'm revising a client's user manual, where it's apparent they just poured a
Word file into an INDD container and let things pretty much like that.

Each page is numbered <*chapnum*><*separator*><*pagenum*>, where <
*separator*> is ordinary an en dash.

But partway through each chapter the separator inexplicably reverts to a

How can I check to see if the org. layout person inadvertently started a
new section?

What else can I check?

Chris Morton

â Substantive Editing â Technical Writing â Proofreading
â Marketing Expertise â Mentoring
Click to
Visit TechWhirl for the latest on content technology, content strategy and content development |