Re: IBM is having a Yahoo moment: No more working from home

Subject: Re: IBM is having a Yahoo moment: No more working from home
From: Jody Zolli <jody -dot- zolli -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Wright, Lynne" <Lynne -dot- Wright -at- kronos -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 11:05:20 -0500

I worked at a company recently where they renovated a complete floor of one
of the buildings to the "open space" layout and the developers/teams were
so disrupted/unhappy with it that they demanded the company put it back to
cubicles, and eventually the company acquiesced.

I agree that when using an agile development philosophy having enough
breakout rooms/areas for sprint planning and scrum meetings is critical to
success, but I don't know anyone who seemed happy in a truly open office
space. Maybe it has something to do with so many tech people being
introverts - who knows?

-Jody