RE: SOLVED - blurry screen captures - Snagit for Mac (4.1.2) -- DOES ANYBODY REALLY UNDERSTAND PNGs?

Subject: RE: SOLVED - blurry screen captures - Snagit for Mac (4.1.2) -- DOES ANYBODY REALLY UNDERSTAND PNGs?
From: "Wright, Lynne" <Lynne -dot- Wright -at- Kronos -dot- com>
To: Syed Zaeem Hosain <Syed -dot- Hosain -at- aeris -dot- net>, Monique Semp <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net>, TechWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2017 20:29:08 +0000

mmmm...i'm skeptical: I've read several online articles trying to sort this out, and in all of them, the rule of thumb is that resizing an image changes pixel sizes (but the number of pixels stays the same); resampling changes pixel count; and that the number of pixels in an on-screen image is determined by the screen resolution, not the zoom level.

You seem to be saying that if you zoom in on an on-screen image (which is basically resizing it, right?), in effect the image is resampled ... but not always... it depends on the source image? Aside from the fact that that contradicts the rule of thumb, couldn't you achieve the same results by taking the shot at whatever zoom level, then apply resampling when you output the image+callouts graphic?