Structured stuff for the beginner

Subject: Structured stuff for the beginner
From: "Dave C" <davec2468 -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Tech Writing" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2017 20:39:11 -0700

Jumping back into the tech-wr âsoupâ again, I find I missed the whole structured revolution.

Some basic questions: what authoring tools are being used to generate, for example (for no particular reason), DITA?

Are word processors like Word now going by the way in favor of structured authoring tools? Is MS upping Wordâs game to join the structured fray?

Any pointers to web sites you can recommend?

(running before he hits the groundâ)
Visit TechWhirl for the latest on content technology, content strategy and content development |