Re: FYI More states starting to ban the "What's Your Salary?" Question
I've seen some questions regarding this issue show up on the list in the past so when I saw this news article I thought I'd share the link.
What do you think?I probably have not attempted negotiations when I should have.
1. Do you feel the government should intrude on employers to discourage gender pay equality?
2. Would you take a job for a lower than average amount of money to keep working even though it is undercutting the industry salaries for others?
3. What do you do when asked at an interview for your last salary or for current salary requirements?
* Name what you want?
* Play the back and forth game until one side gives?
* Name a low salary thinking you might be able to negotiate up?
* Name a high salary thinking you could go negotiate down?
* Something else?
Most contract gigs, I told the headhunter what I was looking for and they told me what they were willing to submit me for.
Last job and this job, I was offered an amount that I accepted.
It's been ages since I was looking for work while still working .
626 444-5112 office
626 840-8875 cell
Visit TechWhirl for the latest on content technology, content strategy and content development | http://techwhirl.com
You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-
To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
http://www.techwhirl.com/email-discussion-groups/ for more resources and info.
Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online magazine at http://techwhirl.com
Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public email archives @ http://techwr-l.com/archives
FYI More states starting to ban the "What's Your Salary?" Question: From: Lin Laurie
Previous by Author:
RE: Grammar: "Multiply by" or "Multiply times"?
Next by Author: Re: SOLVED - blurry screen captures - Snagit for Mac (4.1.2)
Previous by Thread: Re: FYI More states starting to ban the "What's Your Salary?" Question
Next by Thread: Re: Asciidoctor (was: Structured stuff for the beginner)
Search our Technical Writing Archives & Magazine