Re: Dictionary or Grammar app

Subject: Re: Dictionary or Grammar app
From: Thorsten Konersmann <tk -at- documentation -dot- engineering>
To: "Cardimon, Craig" <ccardimon -at- m-s-g -dot- com>, "TechWhirl (techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2017 13:14:16 +0000

I use the Merriam-Webster Dictionary app a lot. A Thesaurus is also
included. It's very affordable compared to other dictionary apps by
reputable publishers.

Merriam-Webster Dictionary & Thesaurus by Merriam-Webster, Inc.
https://appsto.re/de/Xh6FC.i

For me as a non-native English speaker, the Oxford Collocations Dictionary
app is very useful.

Oxford Collocations Dictionary for Students of English by Oxford University
Press
https://appsto.re/de/drPm7.i

For a more formal language, the Oxford Dictionary of Academic English is
great. It also has collocations and usage information. Maybee this one
could also be useful to native speakers.

Oxford Learner's Dictionary of Academic English by Oxford University Press
https://appsto.re/de/GwYL1.i

For translations of a number of languages, the website and app Linguee is
very useful. It's an edited dictionary on the one hand. On the other hand,
it presents corresponding search results from multilingual websites. Some
of these search results have been verified, some not. Be critical when
viewing these search results. But they can be very useful real-world
examples.

www.linguee.de

Dictionary Linguee â German, French, Spanish, more by Linguee GmbH [Note:
and of course English!]
https://appsto.re/de/

A company named Acolada offers a wide range of dictionaries, which can be
accessed in a browser, for a subscription. My company has a subscription
for a German-English Dictionary on the exact sciences and technology. It is
the most comprehensive and most recently published dictionary for this
field on the market. I like it a lot. They also have language combinations
other than German, such as English-French, English-Spanish, etc.

See their imprint for an overview of available dictionaries:
http://www.unilex-online.de/help/impressum.htm

Less for work, more for fun, the Urban Dictionary:

Urban Dictionary by Urban Dictionary
https://appsto.re/de/05I3I.i

I am also curious what else others use.

On Fri 4. Aug 2017 at 13:06, Cardimon, Craig <ccardimon -at- m-s-g -dot- com> wrote:

> Anyone use a dictionary or grammar app they would recommend?
>

> Cordially,
> Craig Cardimon | Senior Technical Writer
>

> Information contained in this e-mail transmission is privileged and
> confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, do not
> read, distribute or reproduce this transmission (including any
> attachments). If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately
> notify the sender by telephone or email reply.
> Visit TechWhirl for the latest on content technology, content strategy and
> content development | http://techwhirl.com

> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as tk -at- documentation -dot- engineering -dot-

> info.

> magazine at http://techwhirl.com

Von unterwegs gesendet / Sent from my mobile

XING â auf Deutsch:
http://documentation.engineering/XING

LinkedIn â in English:
http://documentation.engineering/LinkedIn