Re: active vs. passive

Subject: Re: active vs. passive
From: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L Writing <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2017 13:46:34 -0700

"Use bulleted lists, which are easy to scan and more likely to be
read" is a quote from the Microsoft Manual of Style.

http://www.lawprose.org/garners-usage-tip-of-the-day-that-1/

"The system will create the specified directory if it does not exist"
is a quote from a programmer's guide I wrote and there is nothing
remotely confusing about it when read in context. Any good style
manual will include examples of proper use of the passive voice along
with examples that should be revised to make them active.

You use considerably more words than necessary without making the
meaning any clearer just to avoid using perfectly good English.