Re: Context sensitive pop-ups

Subject: Re: Context sensitive pop-ups
From: yehoshua paul <ysp10182 -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2017 05:31:58 +0300

I will look into creating CSH on the field level.
This was not an option I had considered.
Regarding drop-down text, I will definitely check whether or not search
skips it when I get back to the office.
The reason I use it is to prevent the following scenario:
Step 1 - Go to random page
Step 2 - Open random system module
Step 3 - Optional. Select this complicated option, which many but not all
of our users need selected.
3 paragraphs plus example explaining what it does and what will happen if
the option is selected.
Step 4 - Select mandatory options: A, B, and C.
Step 5 - Click Save and Exit.
I do not want to make a simple task more long and complicated than it
actually is and prevent information overload.
If the additional information is a paragraph or less, it will appear as a
note. If the additional information takes up more space, I make it
collapsible. And while in theory, I could make the additional information,
a separate concept topic, doing so would put it even further away from my
user.
The advantage of what I am proposing, is users who only need the additional
information hidden in the drop-down will be able to access it more easily.
CSH on the field level will also support this so I'll look into it.

Yehoshua