Re: Using "Fences" as File Management Tool?

Subject: Re: Using "Fences" as File Management Tool?
From: Ken Poshedly <poshedly -at- bellsouth -dot- net>
To: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2017 18:17:34 +0000 (UTC)

After following this thread over the past few hours while doing my own work, it looks to me like someone at "the hospital" has promoted a manicurist (who already knows how to use some small pointy tools) to "surgeon" (where extremely specialized cutting tools are required) and said manicurist refuses to give up her nail files but will use them to do her surgeries.

Basically, due to comments about her refusal to learn standard, generally accepted tech writing tools and procedures, I say this episode will not end well, but instead will result in lots of resentment from both sides during the tenure of this newbee.

Of course, I hadn't seen anything about the actual quality of her work. Nor do we know anything about the relationship between her and whoever promoted her. THAT, in itself, will probably "trump" everything.