Re: Basic question on SharePoint usage: to guarantee access to the (most recent) published version

Subject: Re: Basic question on SharePoint usage: to guarantee access to the (most recent) published version
From: Avraham Makeler <amakeler -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Lin Laurie <linlaurie1 -at- hotmail -dot- com>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2017 15:01:51 +0200

Hi all,

Lin wrote to me again and added as follows:

An approach is to set up the WIP site with several folders depending on the
number of writers on the team:

- Each writerâs working folder
- Ready for Review
- Review Complete
- Final Review
- Ready for Publication

Anything ready for publication is what is moved over to the published
folder for users to access. On starting on the next version of something, a
recommendation is to get it from the ready for publication folder.

If there are different products, each product would have its own WIP folder
structure.

The work in progress area should be made available to myself and my team so
no one else can access it even if it appeared on search. The company SP
admin would be able to take care of that piece. As writers, we should just
be responsible for moving your published material over to the site that was
designated as public or âpublishedâ and the Admin would have that site made
accessible via their search tool."

Blessings
Avraham