Re: dealing with inflated ego

Subject: Re: dealing with inflated ego
From: Lauren <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net>
To: "Wright, Lynne" <Lynne -dot- Wright -at- Kronos -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 11:06:51 -0700

On 4/19/2018 10:11 AM, Wright, Lynne wrote:

As I recall, you need to get approval to join this listserv; so I'm presuming that a random person who isn't part of the listserv would not have access to any of its content; only members can see what you post, and access archived posts.

Your presumption is wrong. Since it's inception in 1993, Techwr-l has been archived and always available online for anyone to search. It has never been private and only in very rare cases is a post deleted. I know of at least once and maybe twice a moderator deleted a thread and some posts were deleted as spam or inappropriate.

Only members may post but the world can read the posts http://www.techwr-l.com/archives/ going back to the very first post on the list by Eric.
http://www.techwr-l.com/archives/9303/techwhirl-9303-00000.html

I just googled the email address that I used to join this group, and no results associated to emails that I post here came up, so....

This search:
https://www.google.com/search?q=Lynne.Wright%40Kronos.com&oq=Lynne.Wright%40Kronos.com&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i58.1192j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Gives me your profiles and links to archived posts.
http://www.techwr-l.com/archives/1609/techwhirl-1609-00078.html
http://www.techwr-l.com/archives/1704/techwhirl-1704-00102.html

Using those links, I easily find the list, its archives, and your posts. At the bottom of this month's author index, I see your name with subject lines of posts. If I was trying to find out what a person is like to work with, I will read the posts but be especially intrigued by the person's responses under the subject line "dealing with inflated ego."

http://www.techwr-l.com/archives/1804/mainindex.html