Re: 2. What's your preference: One long page or several small pages?

Subject: Re: 2. What's your preference: One long page or several small pages?
From: Tony Chung <tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca>
To: John G <john -at- garisons -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2018 08:52:59 -0700

Hey John,

I found expansion macros time consuming and actually harder to implement.
If this is the way your team decides to go, look into the Expando macro for
automating the accordion function based on heading levels.

Other options for long pages is a sidebar TOC. Before I left BMC they
implemented a really skookum sidebar on their docs page:
http://bit.ly/2ObHVg3

As for personal preference, I much prefer shorter topics that focus on a
specific concept. For web content, shorter pages give easier targets for
people who search. For instance, the search for "test credit cards cognito
forms" (without quotes) pulls this page automatically: http://bit.ly/2M0gdFr

If this content were on a longer page, it might not be so easily found.

Cheers,
-Tony