Re: Turn OFF smart text selection in PDF

Subject: Re: Turn OFF smart text selection in PDF
From: Lin Sims <ljsims -dot- ml -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: jacki -dot- fitzpatrick -at- yale -dot- edu
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2018 13:06:51 -0400

That's Microsoft, not Adobe.

And don't think I haven't been looking for an equivalent, because I have!

I have found that you can change the selection area after it automatically
selects the things you don't want by dragging edges, but damnit, I
shouldn't oughtta have to do that.

On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 12:57 PM Fitzpatrick, Jacki <
jacki -dot- fitzpatrick -at- yale -dot- edu> wrote:

> File
> Options
> Advanced
> Editing options
> Uncheck "When selecting, automatically select entire word."
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: techwr-l-bounces+jacki -dot- fitzpatrick=yale -dot- edu -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
> <techwr-l-bounces+jacki -dot- fitzpatrick=yale -dot- edu -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com> On
> Behalf Of Brian -dot- Henderson -at- mitchell1 -dot- com
> Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 12:33 PM
> To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
> Subject: RE: Turn OFF smart text selection in PDF
>
> If I were dictator of the world I would outlaw smart text selection. I'd
> lock up anyone who promotes it!
>
> -Brian H
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Lin Sims
>
> I really hate smart text selection. It always grabs stuff I don't want,
> such as the word before a punctuation mark when all I want is the
> punctuation mark. Or the punctuation mark after a word when what I want is
> the word.
>
> How in hell do I get rid of this?
>
> --
>
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Visit TechWhirl for the latest on content technology, content strategy and
> content development |
> https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Ftechwhirl.com&amp;data=02%7C01%7Cjacki.fitzpatrick%40yale.edu%7C309fe330f811497b153108d60f5f745b%7Cdd8cbebb21394df8b4114e3e87abeb5c%7C0%7C0%7C636713299983321247&amp;sdata=8Wpeb%2BCTd9o81h%2FWAMGPW7CQ2aJ4W9D%2FFcfDWCYmrF8%3D&amp;reserved=0
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as Jacki -dot- fitzpatrick -at- yale -dot- edu -dot-
>
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
> techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>
>
> Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
>
> https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.techwhirl.com%2Femail-discussion-groups%2F&amp;data=02%7C01%7Cjacki.fitzpatrick%40yale.edu%7C309fe330f811497b153108d60f5f745b%7Cdd8cbebb21394df8b4114e3e87abeb5c%7C0%7C0%7C636713299983321247&amp;sdata=j6%2BkYUbgPzqjuJ4NcYFgcV8JI6XEoNUk4D0wWl0RhP4%3D&amp;reserved=0
> for more resources and info.
>
> Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online
> magazine at
> https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Ftechwhirl.com&amp;data=02%7C01%7Cjacki.fitzpatrick%40yale.edu%7C309fe330f811497b153108d60f5f745b%7Cdd8cbebb21394df8b4114e3e87abeb5c%7C0%7C0%7C636713299983321247&amp;sdata=8Wpeb%2BCTd9o81h%2FWAMGPW7CQ2aJ4W9D%2FFcfDWCYmrF8%3D&amp;reserved=0
>
> Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public
> email archives @
> https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Ftechwr-l.com%2Farchives&amp;data=02%7C01%7Cjacki.fitzpatrick%40yale.edu%7C309fe330f811497b153108d60f5f745b%7Cdd8cbebb21394df8b4114e3e87abeb5c%7C0%7C0%7C636713299983321247&amp;sdata=DPRpsq%2F5UJAL9L6htYVo2AUBr%2BYqZaDIwsj4TdStJgs%3D&amp;reserved=0
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Visit TechWhirl for the latest on content technology, content strategy and
> content development | http://techwhirl.com
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as ljsims -dot- ml -at- gmail -dot- com -dot-
>
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
> techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>
>
> Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
> http://www.techwhirl.com/email-discussion-groups/ for more resources and
> info.
>
> Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online
> magazine at http://techwhirl.com
>
> Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public
> email archives @ http://techwr-l.com/archives
>


--
Lin Sims
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Visit TechWhirl for the latest on content technology, content strategy and content development | http://techwhirl.com

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com


Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
http://www.techwhirl.com/email-discussion-groups/ for more resources and info.

Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online magazine at http://techwhirl.com

Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public email archives @ http://techwr-l.com/archives


Follow-Ups:

References:
Turn OFF smart text selection in PDF: From: Lin Sims
RE: Turn OFF smart text selection in PDF: From: Brian.Henderson
RE: Turn OFF smart text selection in PDF: From: Fitzpatrick, Jacki

Previous by Author: Turn OFF smart text selection in PDF
Next by Author: Re: Turn OFF smart text selection in PDF
Previous by Thread: RE: Turn OFF smart text selection in PDF
Next by Thread: RE: Turn OFF smart text selection in PDF


What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads


Sponsored Ads