Re: Shoddy Treatment

Subject: Re: Shoddy Treatment
From: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "Tony G. Rocco" <cityfeller55 -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2019 12:19:03 -0800

The obvious short-term action is to start shopping yourself around. In
theory, that should also include having your current recruiter/agency
look for something else for you and they shouldn't have a problem with
that, since they will lose out on their substantial markup on your
hours if you don't have any hours. But if they have had a long
relationship with the client, that might not be a good idea. Remember
that in the relationship between recruiter and client company, you are
always the merchandise.

Longer-term, if you desire independence from being chained to a desk
for long stretches of time, consider changing your focus to
shorter-term gigs. You'll find you can live with most restrictions if
you know it'll all be over in 90 days or so.

Gene Kim-Eng