Re: Tips to convert Google Docs into clean HTML?

Subject: Re: Tips to convert Google Docs into clean HTML?
From: Geoff Mann <geoff -dot- mann -at- uxwordsense -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2020 15:05:56 -0400

Hey folks. Just following up in case anyone else needs to do this. Here's
the best method that I've come up with to convert one doc at a time.
1. Copy content from a Google Doc and paste it into TextEdit (on Mac).
TextEdit strips most of the HTML noise behind the scenes and retains
essential formatting (e.g., headings, paragraphs, bolding, lists, and
links). I'm guessing some other text editors may work as well.
2. Copy content from TextEdit and paste it into a doc tool's WYSIWYG
editor. My current project is in Document360, but I don't know why it
wouldn't work with others.
3. View the pasted content in the doc tool's HTML editor and tweak
remaining HTML, which is significantly cleaner than any other solutions
I've tested. In my case, cleanup primarily consists of adjusting nested
list tags so they don't close too soon.

Hope that helps someone.

Visit TechWhirl for the latest on content technology, content strategy and content development | https://techwhirl.com