Re: What is it called...

Subject: Re: What is it called...
From: Monique Semp <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: Emoto <emoto1 -at- gmail -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2020 10:00:04 -0700

Perhaps "truncated"? I presume you mean when the software component
automatically truncates a big bunch of text, and automatically adds an
ellipses, in order to fit the text into a given size box?

On 6/26/20 9:38 AM, Emoto wrote:

>From a friend:

"What is the word when a number string or word is not fully displayed in a
software gui? That is, what is the word for when a string is partially
displayed only and the ending of it is not displayed?"


Visit TechWhirl for the latest on content technology, content strategy and content development |


You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online magazine at

Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public email archives @


What is it called...: From: Emoto

Previous by Author: RE: Allow List/Block List or Allowlist/Blocklist
Next by Author: Re: What is it called...
Previous by Thread: What is it called...
Next by Thread: Re: What is it called...

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads