Re: email Client Thunderbird and this Techwr-l List... Duplicate Messages?

Subject: Re: email Client Thunderbird and this Techwr-l List... Duplicate Messages?
From: Monique Semp <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: Nina Barzgaran <nina -dot- barzgaran -at- barzgaran -dot- at>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 10:12:09 -0800

Hi Nina,
I'm using Thunderbird, which I've configured to automatically BCC
myself for every message that I send (so that they end up in my
Webmail, and I can see them on other devices). These BCC messages are
auto-filtered to a folder. But... the filter does not work for this
list. When I first switched to Thunderbird, about 2-1/2 years ago, I
queried this list:
----
If you might have insight into how Thunderbird filters really operate, and why m
y auto-bcc and filters for email messages to lists (such as TechWR-L and framers
) operate differently than email I send to "regular" users, please contact me of
flist.

----
Mike Starr replied, but I never followed up. Because it wasn't a bit
issue for me to manually move those few messages, and it didn't seem
worth the effort to solve. But maybe Mike's still on this list and can
help?
I know that I'd sure like it if my replies didn't lose all formatting!
I haven't tried, but this is the _only_ list that I use where this
happens. So something is definitely atypical in the techwr-l setup.
-Monique
Visit TechWhirl for the latest on content technology, content strategy and content development | https://techwhirl.com