RE: Welcome to techwr-l

Subject: RE: Welcome to techwr-l
From: "Focus on 3 things: Quality, Quality, Quality" <raven -at- USABLE -dot- ENET -dot- DEC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1993 15:42:21 EST

Eric,
In your last message, you asked "if there was something missing"
(whether in the hardcopy books, online help, or help in general, and so on).

I'd guess that yes, there's something missing:

A usable system to begin with.

The user information we create can onle be as easy to use as the
systems we document; when the user interfaces of applications and/or
operating systems become more intuitive and easy to use, then our jobs, and
the jobs of those at a help desk, will be a great deal simpler.

So, here's a radical idea: don't update the documentation,
"update" the user interfaces!

Mary Beth Raven
Digial Equipment Corporation