On-line Standards

Subject: On-line Standards
From: Helen Cyr <hacyr -at- GOMEZ -dot- AMD -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1993 09:22:24 CST

Howdy Everyone,
I have a problem here that is quickly turning into
a sore spot and was wondering if y'all could help.
We recently bought a HyperCard package for
distributing our standards manual on-line. The goal
was to free up my time by giving this package to all
AMD writers. We hoped this would reduce the
thousands of hours I spend reading for hyphens,
abbreviations, funky phrases, and text issues that
can easily be incorporated into a first draft.
Ideally, the writer could pull this down as a desk
accessory and have on-line answers. The package
we have is Editorial Advisor (EA). The program
seems to work well independently; but, in our
department, we have several different software
packages open simultaneously. EA can't seem
to handle a busy desktop and my system
administrator is spending more time restoring
my desktop than I usually spend standardizing
documents.

Does anyone else use on-line standards?
Is anyone using EA successful?
Any input appreciated!!!