Re: Indexing--Online documentation, problems using

Subject: Re: Indexing--Online documentation, problems using
From: aba -at- OC -dot- COM
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1993 11:05:06 -0800

>Aye! Sorry, folks; I'm used to working on Network news and having my
>"signature" automatically appended to my posts. A recap:

>>Quick introduction: I'm a technical writer for a small (20 people) software
>>development/VAR company that produces automated trading systems for the
>>brokerage industry.

>>I would appreciate it if anyone out there could provide me with a
>>reference for a good primer on indexing. Thanks.
>>
>>Robert

>That's: Robert Cianchette,
> Davidge Data Systems Corp.
> NYC
> rmc -at- davidge -dot- com

Among the more than 220 technical sessions scheduled for the 40th STC
Annual Conference, June 6-9, 1993, in Dallas, Texas, there are two on
indexing.
On Monday, there is one titled "Can You Find It in the Index?"
On Tuesday, there is one titled "Indexing Standards and Usability Tests."

There is also a full-day Post-Conference Workshop on Thursday, June 10,
titled "Indexing Technical Documents."

If anyone needs the 80-page Preliminary Program for the 40th STC Annual
Conference, Post-Conference Workshops, and Exposition, E-Mail your name,
address, and telephone number to aba -at- oc -dot- com -dot-

Binion Amerson, aba -at- oc -dot- com
General Manager, 40th STC Annual Conference
Binion Amerson, Senior Technical Writer, OpenConnect Systems, 2711 LBJ, Ste
800, Dallas, TX 75234, Ph 214/888-0447; Fax 214/484-6100; Email aba -at- oc -dot- com
General Manager, 40th STC Annual Conference, June 6-9, 1993, Dallas, Texas.