Re: his/her

Subject: Re: his/her
From: Michael Hollinger <MCHOLL -at- TSRV1 -dot- TS -dot- WM -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1993 12:38:21 EDT

> > I'm looking for some sort of reference (hard facts) on the use of His/Her,
> > He/She. I've seen some things written about it, but now I can't seem to
> > locate any of the information.

> Personally, I usually try to write using plural pronouns (if/when pronouns are
> necessary) and avoid the use of "his or her" altogether.

Another good option is to use "one" which avoids the problem of
plurality as well as gender.

I.E. One should type "Format c:" to drive one's boss nuts....
'''
MCHOLL -at- TSRV1 -dot- TS -dot- WM -dot- EDU (o o) Michael Hollinger, esq.
And we'll have fun, fun, fun, til Daddy takes the keyboard away!!!!!
* *