Re: undergrads and email

Subject: Re: undergrads and email
From: Gary Beason <bubba -at- EXPERT -dot- CC -dot- PURDUE -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1993 12:49:52 EST

> If your students and their wallets can stand another text, you might
> add something on the rhetoric and sociology of electronic mail, such
> as Keisler and Sproull, especially if they're studying it rather than
> just learning to use it. (Everybody and his uncle has started
> studying electronic interaction -- it's half progress on an exciting
> new frontier and half painting your own thumb. :)

> --Joe

Yes, I had my students read a couple of chapters from this book as
well a couple of other articles by Sproull and Kiesler. The students
also found that AT&T and Apple had their reactions and evalutions of
email published--unfortunately, it was not in our library.

--Gary Beason
---Purdue University
----bubba -at- mace -dot- cc -dot- purdue -dot- edu