Re: punctuating with electronic commands

Subject: Re: punctuating with electronic commands
From: TWARREN -at- OSUVM1 -dot- BITNET
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 1993 21:47:21 CST

REF: Period following a user name. I had not thought of that. It seems
that it might have implications in areas other than documentation. Will
watch this space for more ideas. WIT-4 is in production, buit I have
yet to see even preliminary galleys. so I have no idea where it is in
the production schedule. P-H is remarkably silent about what it's
doing--even with questions.
While I'm at it, anything else? I've noted the trademark discussion and
that really IS a rat hole. P-H legal has gone through that section and
the coprright sections carefully and we think it's usable (maybe not
right in some leagalistic sense. Will need to add a disclaimer about
state regulations).
REF: What to put in text for readers/users to type. No. Not covered.
There are many published works on that topic (BRockmann, Horton, etc.),
so a lot of discussion is already out there. Besides, the book tends to
not specialize that way.
FINALLY: Any other WIT-4 requests?
Tom
Tom Warren
twarren -at- vm1 -dot- ucc -dot- okstate -dot- edu
twarren -at- osuvm1 -dot- bitnet