STCMCCD Introduction

Subject: STCMCCD Introduction
From: Daniel John Brinegar <6545 -at- EF -dot- GC -dot- MARICOPA -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1993 13:51:15 -0700

Greetings, fellow netters!

Allow me to introduce ourselves,
I'm Dan Brinegar at Glendale Community College, a part of the Maricopa
Community College System here in Arizona.

Saturday I spotted Eric J. Ray's announcement of this list in STC's
INTERCOM.... I called our Forum Administrator, Karen Schwalm, and she got
us subscribed right away... so here it is Monday, and on behalf of the
provisional/unofficial Phoenix Metro student chapter I'd like to say how
thrilled we are to be able to contact other Technical Communicators all
over the place.

Okay, okay, there's only three of us here at GCC who are student
members, although the school runs about four tech writing classes per
semester, its been rather difficult to stir up more student interest.
(Also, I understand that there are a few student members at Arizona State
University...)

I'd like to ask other student members, or their faculty advisors:

* What their experiences have been forming or running a student
chapter or interest group

* What advice you might have for us down here about drafting
a faculty advisor once we scrape up fifteen student-members
/pause

* How much time you actually spend running a student chapter

That's about it for now, I guess
<smile>

Several other campuses within the MCCC District will be getting access to
this version of the Electronic Forum, and will be able to participate.

Currently, about 15000 students use the EF district-wide, I hope that we
will be able to reach them thru here.

Regards--

| Dan BRINEGAR aka BENU |
| Research Droid Glendale Community College |
| 6545 -at- ef -dot- gc -dot- maricopa -dot- edu Electronic Forum, Glendale, AZ |
| *Student Member, Society for Technical Communications |