soft- & hardware for TW course

Subject: soft- & hardware for TW course
From: Brian Richard Boisvert <boisvert -at- WPI -dot- WPI -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1993 03:43:58 GMT

Since there has been discussion lately about:

1) What is important to teach in a Technical Writing course

and

2) What are good software packages to use (Interleaf, Framemaker)

I would like to combine the two and ask what would be an appropriate
software package and machine to run it on for a Technical Writing course
that is heavily computer based.
What I would be looking for is a package that is powerful, intuitive,
but also commonly used in industry. The main suggestion I have received
so far is Framemaker for the MacIntosh. Is this a good choice, or would
someone care to make a case for another? Any suggestions are welcome.

--
Brian R. Boisvert What's behind the words - images
Worcester Polytechnic Institute they know will please us?