Re: Sexism in the workplace

Subject: Re: Sexism in the workplace
From: CLoris <HARRIS -dot- CLORIS -at- IC1D -dot- HARRIS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1993 08:15:08 EST

I have to make clarification on my posting of the above subject.

1) I said the ideas were from my limited observation of tech writing
groups where I work. Kate, Jackie, and Joan I am sorry if you mistook
my female group example as being yourselves. The VSCS project's
baseline documentation team is composed entirely of women. Sorry if
there were any misunderstandings.

2) I may have misinterpreted the 'secretary syndrom' as being sexist
discrimination. I simnply wanted to see if any others had similar
observations that I have had concerning the gender composition of tech
writing groups.

Disclaimer:
I am not sexist; I evaluate people on their abilities and merits. I
am however suggesting the existence of a pattern and am querrying a
group of my peers for some professional and objective feedback.

Chris
harris -dot- cloris -at- ic1d -dot- harris -dot- com