Re: Enough is enough

Subject: Re: Enough is enough
From: Peter Montgomery <MONTGOMERY -at- CAMINS -dot- CAMOSUN -dot- BC -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1993 15:46:18 -0700

> Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1993 08:46:40 -0400 (EDT) Thus spake Joan Miles
<miles -at- CCD -dot- HARRIS -dot- COM>

JM> Anyway, I just wish you would all chill out. Now I know why so many
JM> people seem to be unsubscribing (who, by the way, won't get to
JM> see your retorts on why they are unsubscribing incorrectly since they
JM> aren't subscribing anymore!!). I thought I might learn more about
JM> what is out there in the technical writing field, but unfortunately
JM> am only seeing a very negative aspect of WHO is out there.

Well now that I've been away for that much needed holiday that someone
very kindly suggested I take, I am fresh, lively, sparky and ready
to continue belabouring this issue into absurdity. Interesting how, when
one attempts to empathise with the frustrations of the list manager
that the perception is that one is showing one's worst side.

I will leave it at this. I think list users have an obligation to
be considerate of the volunteers who provide the service.

Not being a technical writer myself, I will leave it up to others
as to what degree technical writing should take account of its
audience, what the limits of that accounting should be, and what would
amount to over doing audience consideration. If those are not
appropriate matters for discussion on this list, far be it from me
to say otherwise.

Peter
* Peter Montgomery Montgomery -at- camosun -dot- bc -dot- ca *
* Exitus effigium effigies exituum *