Re: If you are not a tech writer...

Subject: Re: If you are not a tech writer...
From: Vicki Rosenzweig <murphy!acmcr!vr -at- UUNET -dot- UU -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1993 11:05:31 EDT

Well, Peter isn't the only non-tech writer here, so I'll give
this one a try. I am a copy editor on a computer-related magazine.
Many of our authors are trained in computing but not writing; some
are not native speakers of English. I thus find some of the ideas
on how to "translate" between tech and non-tech people useful.
(I'm also wondering if I might want to look into a career in
technical writing, in part because it seems to allow more geographical
options than editorial work.)

Vicki Rosenzweig
vr%acmcr -dot- uucp -at- murphy -dot- com