Re: Interleaf

Subject: Re: Interleaf
From: Carl Grant <cgrant -at- AMEX-TRS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1993 10:02:44 -0700

deany says:
>I lose formatting when I
convert a WordPerfect file into Interleaf. Also, the graphics capabilities
the software does have is limited. Text cannot be rotated less or more than 90
degrees. And text cannot be curved in any way. Maybe the latest version
has corrected all that.

My buddy here says he has no problems bringing a WordPerfect file into
Interleaf 5.3. Formatting is not changed except maybe for auto-numbering.
Text can be rotated in a frame to pretty much any angle as long as you
first convert it to a graphical image, which takes one step. Curving
"graphical" text along a curve does take some manipulation; you have to
ungroup the text so that each individual letter can be moved separately or
rotated. I know some other software does this better, but I don't recall which.
Carl

Disclaimer: "We stand by our retraction."