Academic/technical writing

Subject: Academic/technical writing
From: Karen Kay <karenk -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1993 17:19:28 -0700

Peter Mongtgomery said:
> LO>Respectfully, I disagree. Academic writing *is* technical writing.
> I suppose there's a first time for everything. That is the first time
> I have seen that equation made. I suspect it would not be a politic
> equation to use in a lot of academic contexts,

I agree with Len--academic writing is technical writing, and
a lot of it stinks because it isn't clear. I am currently
an asst. professor of Japanese, but I am in the process of
changing careers to technical writing. One of the things
that has given me the courage to change careers is the fact
that many of the same writing skills are involved.

Karen
karenk -at- netcom -dot- com