Re: Messages. . .

Subject: Re: Messages. . .
From: sradecki -at- SHERPA -dot- COM
Date: Mon, 24 May 1993 08:05:21 PDT

I have been reading this forum for about a week and a half now, and
have to say that there have been some good information on it.

However, I *do* have a complaint, which I am sure will generate all
sorts of flame mail, but **I DON'T CARE**! In my opinion, the most
important part of this forum is the information that is being shared.
I take offense with people who feel the need to show off their
vocabularies, and their skill at typing to take shots at those who
may have an editor (such as wonderful VMS) that doesn't LET you
correct a mistake. As technical communicators, I feel that it is
important for us to be able to communicate intelligently, but for
crying out loud, is it worth it to try to fix every silly typo for
a forum when you can't even run a SPELL CHECKER on your message????!

I am using the OpenWindows mail tool. I don't know any of the
techno-weenie stuff about it. I only use it for Internet access and
external communications. I can't believe I am the only one on this
forum who is doing this. I have felt intimidated by this forum, because
I sometimes make typos that I don't catch, and I don't like being
lambasted.

Maybe we all need to take a step back and remember the *REAL* purpose
for forums such as this one.

Thanks for your patience.

September Radecki
sradecki -at- sherpa -dot- com