Re: Messages. . .

Subject: Re: Messages. . .
From: Karen Kay <karenk -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1993 11:56:02 PDT

Andrew Shires said:
> In a professional forum such as this, net or no net, I believe that

I disagree w/ this--the net is different from not the net. I don't have
a spell-checker on my mainframe, and I don't always catch my typos. Also,
there are occassions when I am reduced to using a line editor, which means
that I cannot go back further than the line I am on to do editing. Does
this mean I am less professional? I don't think so. I think those who
are worried about being perceptions of this list by browsers have themselves
not spent enough time netsurfing to appreciate the sometimes abysmally
low levels of composition abilities practiced on most of the net. The
net should *not* be compared to a professional newsletter.

And may I share my own pet peeve? I wish people on this list and the
copyediting list would learn how to EDIT mail they are responding to
instead of quoting _in toto_ the original message. To me this is a
more egregious error than an occasional typo.

--Karen
karenk -at- netcom -dot- com