Re: Technical Writer or Technical Communicator

Subject: Re: Technical Writer or Technical Communicator
From: Chuck <PETCH -at- GVG47 -dot- GVG -dot- TEK -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1993 08:33:57 -0700

Call me old fashioned, but I usually just call myself a writer. If someone
cares to follow up with a question such as, "What do you write?" then I
say that I write manuals and newsletters for an electronics company.

After all, isn't the goal of technical communication to make things easy to
understand? So why give a complete job description in answer to the simple
question, "What do you do?" And you know, I've never had anyone fail to
understand me.

Chuck Petch