Re: Advice on systems

Subject: Re: Advice on systems
From: Karen Kay <karenk -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1993 15:18:12 PDT

Paula Reynolds said:
> I was hired to improve the system. However, they want me to improve the
> system for no money. Since that isn't going to happen, I was hoping for
> advice on which system to use: PageMaker, FrameMaker, or Word for
> Windows.

I use WordPerfect for Windows, and am trying to learn FrameMaker, so I
decided to import some documents from WP and edit them in FM. It's
*very* difficult to edit imported documents in FM. I am by no means
an expert on FM, but I have finally given up. It's 100% easier to
retype a document in FM and format it there. So if you are considering
changing formats, I think ease of re-editing should be a major consideration.

--Karen
karenk -at- netcom -dot- com