Re: More advice

Subject: Re: More advice
From: sanders_j -at- TBOSCH -dot- DNET -dot- GE -dot- COM
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1993 08:20:41 EDT

Hi,

Well, I don't know about everyone else but I work here at GE, and flex time is
basically unheard of, even for the salaried employees. I'm a temp, so I can
hardly complain, but since I don't get paid for hours I don't work, I can't
see how GE could lose if I flexed my time.

I mean, really, some companies are stuck almost entirely in the fifties. GE
just three months ago relaxed it's dress code to the point where a tie and
jacket aren't required for men. We still can't wear anything as casual as
jeans and a t-shirt, even though our whole department is so far removed from
customers that we don't even talk to their secretaries voice mail.

Whereas, a friend of mine working for Kodak goes in when he wants, dresses in
whatever way he's comfortable and is a loyal, happy employee. And real
productive.

Sigh. This is too early in the morning for this much complaining.

But you're not alone.

-John Sanders-