Follow up to advice

Subject: Follow up to advice
From: Paula Reynolds <PAULAR -at- HISPEED -dot- MHS -dot- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1993 08:32:51 EDT

Thanks, everybody, for providing me with advice and support. (I was the
one who whimpered that my working conditions stink and I have inadequate
software.)

The update: My boss went ahead and requisitioned Word for Windows for us
to use. Pagemaker/Framemaker is no longer an issue (sigh). The catch:
the requisiton has to be approved by both the head of our information
systems department (who doesn't believe in new software) and the
president of our company (who doesn't believe his employees deserve
oxygen, much less software). So I'm in a holding pattern, trying to make
Word 5.5 do things it isn't capable of on a network that runs out of
memory every day.

In the meantime, I feel much better knowing I'm not the only one who
thinks my working environment is a bit odd. In fact, Chris Dresden
seemed to hit the nail on the head: sounds like a rat hole. look for a
new job.

But hey...I'm in a town I love and having fun outside of work. I guess I
shouldn't be greedy!

Thanks again.

Paula Reynolds
Technical Writer