Re: As requested

Subject: Re: As requested
From: Philip Bernick <philip -at- MTL -dot- CL -dot- NEC -dot- CO -dot- JP>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1993 10:23:02 JST

Hi!

Gregs repost of Zachman's letters, and the recent discussion on
licensing bring up something that I spend a lot of time thinking
about. Ethics. Ethics--professional ethics-are infrequently
discussed either in classes or texts in technical communication, or in
my experience at our places of employment. The STC does have a code
for communicators (a code of ethics, which I think may be more
important than a license) that all members are assumed to subscribe
to. It addresses some aspects of the ethics of our work, but even it
fails to address our ethical responsibilities to each other. Is this
important? Since an important part of technical communication is
collaboration--an ability to collaborate--what are the ethical
responsibilities that go along with that?

philip

--Intoxicating at any magnification, Mandelbrot #5 is a complex
scent... calculated for today's complex woman... more than
mysterious, she's got chaos at her fingertips... mONDO
Philip Bernick philip -at- mtl -dot- cl -dot- nec -dot- co -dot- jp