STYLE GUIDE FOR COMPUTER MANUALS

Subject: STYLE GUIDE FOR COMPUTER MANUALS
From: Janie Bergen <BERGEN -at- UNTVAX -dot- BITNET>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1993 21:16:10 -0500

I just started a new (FIRST) tech writing job and am writing
a user manual. I really would like to find a good style guide
for writing computer manuals. Any recommendations?

In my company, we have one other tech writer and she started
the same day that I did. Some of our questions are fairly
basic (filename vs file name; window vs screen) and some
are a little more complex. The previous documentation went
to programmers and not end users, so it was not very friendly,
and not very consistent.

Thanks.

Janie Bergen